Last Day - Sugarloaf Cove

This is a last beach that we went to before we said sayonara to Grand Marais for good. This is a new beach that I've never been to but Jeff has, when he was little. This is such a secluded beach where you had to go through a trail of jungle. It's heavily vegetated and I was a bit skeptical and praying to god that no creature will jump out and attack me (i.e. bears, fox, witches). This place had that magical feeling to me. You'll see what I mean by looking at my pictures below.

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove
one of favorites shots

sugarloaf clove
among the greens and copper my eyes caught these bright orange tiny little mushrooms growing on a dead tree. I was really hoping I would find Papa Smurf and his people there.

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove
this bench overlooks the view below

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove
we'll eventually get to the island pictured on the background where the boys hunt for agates

sugarloaf clove
Getting closer to the island

sugarloaf clove
They all made it waaaay before me. I had a lot of stops as you can see.

sugarloaf clove
an interesting arch

sugarloaf clove
it was REALLY windy and cold that day

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove
I found at least 5 different types of mushrooms on my way through the trails.


sugarloaf clove
aren't the rock colors gorgeous!?

sugarloaf clove
On the way back, my eyes caught these red birch trees. I didn't see them on the way up. I was REALLY fascinated by it

sugarloaf clove

sugarloaf clove



No comments:

Post a Comment