Songs I put on REPEAT mode

One edition of Real Simple magazine featured "Get Happy" and some psychologist elaborated on how repetition is one of the keys to unlock happines. The analogy was, ask a toddler; ever wonder why they want to ride the same Tea Cup ride twenty thousand times before they move on to the Flying Dumbo and there you go again in circles another twenty thousand times?

In addition, disappointed with KDWB and 96.3Now selections of overly played Gaga's, and the the Bieber's and the Perry's, I resorted to Pandora. Oh, it was like, where have you been all of my life? It was like the first time I had Starbucks. My Massive Attack's Playlist has been crafted to play most of my music genres within this category and very rarely I skip forward to avoid songs I do not care to listen to. Pandora helped me gain recollections of songs I used to play a lot. Orbital, Psykosonic, Fluke, Portishead, Olive, Sneaker Pimps, Radiohead and the list kept on going.

Back to Mr. Psychologist. I took his advice and dug out my old CDs from the basement. I started listening to the songs I love over and over and over again. Mr. Psychologist was right. I feel serenity, calm and peace, sending happy endorphines through my body. Cliche! When played during family ride, this displeases my husband and my 4 year old. "Why do you play the same song over?" which I replied "Who sits on the god damn driver seat?" and proceed with giving them "the look". They usually shut up.

With that said, I want to share with you the list of songs that I have put on REPEAT on my Sansa Fuze that have brought me happiness. Each of these songs deliver some complexity yet simplicity at the same time which makes the song absolutely beautiful and have become my instant classic.

So, here they are, in no particular order.


The intro to this song is so fucking sexy.

Well, she's ONLY the epitome of classic French music.

Who doesn't know this song.

Thom Yorke may not the best looking guy but boy can he fucking sing!

Beautifully composed song with a disturbing lyrics.

Venetian Snares "Öngyilkos Vasárnap"

(remix of Billie Holiday's Gloomy Sunday) Sad but beautiful


Vocalist, Kellie Dayton

Vocalist: Chris Corner. I want to lick him up and down and lull me to sleep with his voice.
I've been playing this song for weeks now.

Treyton often sings this song out of the blue

I was a HUGE fan of the Cranberries.

This was our wedding song. Not the usual wedding song but it's our song.

I HEART the "Blue" album in its entirety.

I HEART the "Bends" album in its entirety.

Yeah, the original was good too.


This song is fucking addicting

This song is so soothing. This and Casione Vs. Japan never fail to put Treyton to sleep.

This song hurt my ears the first time I heard it but I drew me closer and closer. It's kind of weird.

μ-Ziq / Hasty Boom Alert

This song also lulls Treyton to bed in an instanter soothing song that puts Treyton to sleep.



















No comments:

Post a Comment